healthy spinach soup
What do we know about health until we become ill? If you eat cream of spinach soup you can forget about diseases for a long time! After all, spinach in soup is not only great but also very tasty.
Now let’s show how!
Healthy creamed spinach
Spinach is a real storehouse of nutrients. For its useful properties, it is called a “broom” for the stomach and intestines, which means that it helps not only cleanse the body but also contributes to weight loss. How to freeze spinach for long months, not limited to a short summer season? Choose a method depending on which dish you plan to use it in.
Spinach soup medical medium
Not everywhere spring has finally settled down, we generally have snow all day and we don’t have to dream of spring, but this does not prevent us from starting the spring at least in our kitchens. Probably everyone had it so that in childhood soups were the most unloved dish. What tricks our parents didn’t go to convince “to eat hot”. And just like everyone had a turning point when soups do not just eat, but love them and want to try something new.
When the heat comes, there is no place for complex rich soups, I want something very fast and simple. And this soup is just that. Suitable for vegans and those who decided to correct the figure by the summer. Moreover, we can say that this is a constructor: change the greens, types of pasta, and the composition of the broth – get the book “100 Soups in 20 Minutes”. A special charm here is that you can take sheets of lasagna and break into pieces of the desired shape yourself – even squares, dynamic triangles, large or small. Break off a slice of fresh bread from durum varieties and temporarily become a real hedonist.
Cream of spinach soup recipe
Cooking time 30 minutes
• 500 g Potatoes
• 1 PC. Bulb onions
• 3 peas Allspice
• 1 PC. Bay leaf
• 150 g Spinach
• 100 g Mussels
• 2 cloves Garlic
• 2 branches Thyme
• 30 g Walnut (kernels)
• 1 tbsp. l Sunflower oil (for frying)
• 2 tbsp. l Olive oil (for serving)
• to taste Salt
1. Peel the potato, cut into small pieces. Put the potatoes in a pan, fill with water, add salt, a whole peeled onion, allspice, and bay leaf. Onions and spices add a special flavor and aroma to the soup.
2. Remove the onions and spices, leaving the potatoes in the water in which it was cooked. In this recipe, potato plays the role of a thickener.
3. Rinse the spinach well, cut off the bottom, and cut the leaves into large pieces.
4. Put chopped spinach leaves in a pot of potatoes, bring to a boil, boil for 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
5. To fry the mussels, prepare the garlic and thyme. They will give mussels a pleasant aroma. You do not need to peel the garlic; just crush it with a knife.
6. Heat vegetable oil in a pan and add garlic and thyme. Fry for 1-2 minutes, until the garlic and thyme give their taste and aroma.
7. After that, remove the thyme and garlic from the pan, leaving the aromatic oil in it.
8. Fry the mussel thawed in a pan with oil over medium heat until cooked, stirring occasionally. This will take 3-5 minutes.
9. Kill the soup with a hand blender directly in the pan until you get a uniform consistency. Taste the soup and add salt if necessary.
10. Pour the prepared soup into plates. I recommend serving the soup in portions – it’s not at all difficult, but it’s very beautiful.
11. Add chopped walnut kernels to each plate, some mussels, and pour a little olive oil.
If you want to get a richer taste and you are not afraid of extra calories, prepare a soup of mashed potatoes with cream from spinach. You will get a creamy texture and a mild taste. The cream can be added at the very end of the preparation, before interrupting the soup with a blender. Use thick cream of 20-30% fat – 100 ml will be enough for such a portion.
How to store spinach? How to keep spinach fresh?
In the refrigerator (compartment for greens or vegetables), spinach can be stored for 4-5 days. In this case, a sharp temperature drop is not recommended. Otherwise, when re-placed in the cold, the leaves will fade and become less juicy, and the shelf life will be reduced by several times.
How to store spinach? Can you freeze fresh spinach?
Harvesting spinach for the winter is best done by freezing. Throughout the year, you can eat almost fresh products, because at low temperatures spinach does not lose its beneficial properties.
For harvesting, it is best to use young spinach with tender leaves, preferably the very first crop. Collected before the first flowering, it is especially gentle and not bitter, without flower arrows.
At home, it is convenient to use not one, but several different ways of freezing at once – so you will have on hand a semi-finished product suitable for preparing a specific dish: fillings for pies, casseroles, soup or other first dishes, sauces, smoothies and so on. I bring to your attention the three most convenient ways how to freeze spinach at home – with step-by-step photos, recommendations, and detailed instructions. And to make it more convenient for you to choose the appropriate option, pay attention to the advantages and disadvantages of each of them.
Regardless of the method chosen, pre-rinse the greens, sort out, and dry. You need to wash it very carefully, as there is a lot of fine sand on the leaves. You can immerse spinach bundles in a bowl of cold water for half an hour, and then thoroughly rinse each leaf in running water. Remove all wrinkled and withered leaves. And one more important point: for dry freezing (without blanching), you must dry the greens on a cotton towel to get rid of excess moisture, otherwise, it will turn into ice in the freezer.
Spinach vs kale
Since the two greens so supplement thick, the triumphant green for you comes down to what supplements you need to organize, just as your dietary patterns. If you like to begin every day with an invigorating green smoothie a la Kimberly Snyder, CN and are attempting to get more calcium in your life, kale is your main. On the off chance that you don’t like the flavor of any greens yet you realize you ought to get a greater amount of them, spinach will give you the adaptability you have to add them to dishes you’re now making (without it tasting clear… you know, green).
Once more, the most significant takeaway here is that both are sound. Odds are in case you’re so wellbeing cognizant that you’re contrasting greens, you’re as of now making a heavenly showing of sustaining your body.
Does spinach cause gas?
No. Cruciferous vegetables include cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, watercress, and many others. These are foods that contain many essential and beneficial nutrients, including vitamins C and K, fiber, and potassium. However, they can cause some undesirable digestive symptoms, including bloating.
Heat treatment of cruciferous vegetables facilitates their digestion. Alternatively, people can replace them with other healthy vegetables that are equally rich in vitamins and minerals, but will not cause bloating. These include:
- sweet potato;